If you already know what system or model air conditioner you need for your home or business, talk to us today to arrange a quote, or simply send us your house plans and we’ll work it all out for you and call you back.
If you’re not sure which Daikin air conditioner you need, here’s a quick look at their range. To understand the types and price range of different domestic systems read our Ultimate Guide to Air Conditioning.
Domestic Range (5 Year Warranty)
In Australia, there is four wall split ranges, in price order:
- Standard Lite Series
- The Cora is the second model in the Daikin range
All wall splits come with a vast range of features to increase comfort, efficiency, reduce noise and reduce running costs.
The Standard Lite Series (FTXS models) is well priced without comprising on performance or quality. Apart from the L series, Daikin’s splits run on the new environmentally friendly R32 refrigerant.
Daikin also manufacture cassettes where the indoor unit is installed in the ceiling (great for shops), the floor console where the unit is mounted low on the wall or the Nexure which is floor standing and comes with a radiant heater.
Air & Water supplies and installs the full range of Dakin’s wall splits, cassettes and floor systems.
Air and Water Residential recommends the Lite Series FTXF models as providing the best value for money whilst being perfectly suited to Perth’s climate.
Daikin Multi-Split Air Conditioning System
Daikin’s range of multi-split systems is called the Super-Multi NX. These inverters are powered up to 10kW and connect up to 5 indoor units – wall splits (FTKS or Zena styled CTXG series), cassettes, ducted fan coil unit, floor consoles or a combination of these. For bigger homes choose the VRV-S, a residential VRV system which allows up to 14 heads and 24kW of output from the outdoor unit (compressor).
Daikin Ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning
Ducted reverse cycle aircon is very popular in Perth because it is suited to the climate and heats or cools your whole home. Ducted systems are typically zoned to reduce the area treated so reducing the size of system required and cutting running cost.
Daikin has the biggest range of sizes so there is a model to suit your home or office – 7 to 16kW for properties with singe phase power and 10kW to 24kW power output for properties on three phase power.
Daikin has five ranges of ducted air conditioners:
- Standard (FDYQN models)
- Premium (FDYQ models)
- Premium Plus (FDYQT models)
- Slim-line (FBQ models) for tight roof spaces
- Bulkhead (FDXS) for limited installation space, popular in hotel rooms.
Features Common to FDYQ Ranges
As you would expect of Daikin, they have got all of the basics spot on. The FDYQN, FDYQ and FDYQT ranges all:
- Use inverter technology to improve efficiency and reduce compressor (outdoor unit) noise
- Are designed and manufactured in Australia. They can even come apart and come in slim profile so they can fit where other ducted systems cannot
- Use R410A refrigerant which is kind on the environment as it does not harm the ozone layer
- Are compatible with the easy to use WiFi compatible iZone 3 series controller. The iZone touch screen controller comes with the optional and very popular iSave system which slashes your ducted air conditioner’s running cost. Air & Water is the market leader in Perth for installing iZone and iSave sweeping the awards board in 2014 (and hopefully on track for 2015).
Why Go Premium or Premium Plus?
The Premium is quicker than the Standard at reaching desired temperature (up to 5 minutes quicker) and allows longer pipe runs which is useful in commercial buildings.
The Premium Plus is the Premium with the new Daikin Skyzone touch screen controller which comes with Airside Control. Airside Control means you use the Skyzone to turn non-occupied zones off. This reduce the airflow rate delivered (fan can only turn down to 60% of indoor units rated airflow) to meet the requirements of the remaining open zones. This action results in greater energy savings as you are only conditioning the areas of the home which are occupied. With conventional systems the airflow rate remains the same even when zones are turned off, hence consuming more energy and producing excess noise.
Air and Water recommends the Standard FDYQN range with the iZone controller as the best value for money – as you get the most popular features and Daikin’s superior after sales service at a similar price to other popular aircon brands.
Commercial Range (Warranty 1 Year)
Daikin Package Units (UAQ Range)
Package units are like super-sized ducted systems where the indoor unit (fan coil) is so large it has to go on the roof. Their power capacity is super-sized too, ranging from 15kw to a monstrous 84kW. As you expect they come with a range of features for ease of use and efficiency.
Daikin VRF Systems
Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) – also known as VRV- systems suit larger homes to massive commercial buildings. VRF is like a multi-split on steroids! You can have multiple outdoor units (compressors) running multiple indoor units of different types. Each compressor runs independently so you can have one on heating mode and another on cooling mode, which can be vital for some industries. The benefits of VRF technology include less piping and greater energy efficiency.
Air and Water Residential and Air and Water Commercial supply and install small to mid-sixed commercial jobs.
The Daikin Difference
Stand out features of Daikin’s domestic units include:
- Only air conditioner that is approved by the National Asthma Council Australia’s Sensitive Choice® program
- ‘Night Quiet’ mode for peaceful operation
- The advanced technology in Daikin’s inverter enables your system to adjust the unit’s power in accordance with your needs, operating more economically than many other air conditioners.
- The highly advanced internal working parts of a Daikin air conditioning system allow units to run quietly and have less vibration; creating a better environment for you and a longer life for your aircon
- The Predicted Mean Vote (PMV) control takes constant readings of temperatures inside and outside and gauges the most favorable room temperature eunsuring optimum comfort and efficiency
- The company’s unique Super Aero Grilles minimises noise.
Not all features are available with all units, check the ducted, split and mulit-split systems brochures for more information.
As you have just read, there’s a huge range of Daikin air conditioners so contact Air and Water and we can help you choose the right system for you. Air & Water provide free quotes with no obligation to buy.