13th Dec 2012By Julie Curnow
How to Service Your Evaporative Air Conditioner
Filters are shown in orange
Servicing your evaporative is straight forward, as long as you are happy getting on to your roof.
- Remove filters & wash with a hose,
- If you have an old system, pull out the sump dump to release the water from the tank,
- If you have a new system there will be no water because the dump valve clears the tank automatically,
- Wipe out the inside of the unit where the water tank is,
- Using a soft wire brush, lightly brush the motor & spray with CRC/WD40,
- If you have an old unit;
- Replace three of the filters
- Fire up the unit to check the motor & water pump are running as normal
- Then release the water
- Replace the fourth filter
- If you have a new unit, fire up the unit to check the motor & water pump are running as normal.
If you are not comfortable performing the service, and are in Perth, call Air and Water Residential on 08 6363 5343 and we can arrange your Cool Breeze service.