Finding Air Conditioning in Perth
There are four main types of air conditioners that are installed in Perth Western Australia – ducted reverse cycle, evaporative air conditioners, split systems and package units (for commercial use only). To easily compare the features of these four air conditioning types page down to the table below.
Choosing the right air conditioning for your Perth home or business can be tricky. That’s why Air & Water come to you to help with the right information, price, quality and installation. We will:
- arrange an in-home appointment with you (or work from your property plans)
- measure up and check your property design
- go through your requirements
- walk you through all of the variables
- determine the right type of air conditioner for your needs, budget and property design.
We then design the perfect air conditioning system and provide a detailed no-obligation quote, for free (along with a copy of our terms,conditions and warranty, should you wish to proceed). Once you award the work to us, we supply and install the air conditioner based on our discussion with you, design and quote.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Air and Water
- WOMO customer service award 2014 and 2015 as voted in the top 5% of companies based on our customers’ independent reviews.
- Specialist dealer trained by the manufacturers. 5 year warranty on our installation.
- Quality brands across all types of air conditioning – ducted reverse cycle , evaporative, package units and split systems. Over 5,000 commercial and residential air conditioners installed in the last seven years.
- Free/no obligation quotes
- Competitive prices to suit all budgets.
- Finance is available to approved applicates.
Air Conditioning Comparisons
To help you work out which system is right for you, this table compares the different types of systems and what they can do.
|Evaporative Air Conditioning||Ducted Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning||Split System Air Conditioning||Package Unit|
|Heating and cooling||Cooling only||Both||Both||Both|
|Whole of home / office||Yes||Yes||Room only||Yes|
|Unit location||On roof||Inside roof & outside||On wall & outside||On roof|
|Ducting in the roof space||Yes*||Yes*||No||Yes if roof space|
|Running costs||Very low||High||High||High|
|Zoning to reduce running costs||No||Yes||No||No|
|Copes well with humidity||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Maintains performance at temperatures above 36oC||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Doors & windows open or shut||Open**||Shut||Shut||Shut|
|Typical system life||10 – 15 yrs||15 – 20 yrs||10 – 15 yrs||15 – 20 yrs|
|Installed purchase price||$3,000 – $6,000 residential units||$8,000 – $25,000||$1,500 – $5,000||$15,000+|
|Get a free no obligation quote for your home or business|
Information current at April 2022. Do not purchase based on this information without confirming that it is still current. *Different sized ducting and different outlets are required for each type of air conditioner. ** Air & Water provide an optional security air grille so you can use your evaporative on a low setting with your doors and windows shut.
Want to hear what our customers have to say about us? Read our reviews on the WOMO website.