About Split System Air Conditioners
If you are looking to cool or heat just one room, or if your home design does not allow for a ducted system, split system air conditioners are the best choice for Perth homes and businesses.
With these refrigerated systems the fan coil unit is mounted inside the room (indoor unit), and the compressor is placed on a flat surface or wall mounted outdoors (outdoor unit).
Wall split system air conditioning (commonly shortened to split system air conditioning) has the indoor unit mounted on a wall. They are reliable, easy to install and are the most affordable type of split system air conditioner.
Multiple split system air conditioning (or multi-heads) comprise several wall split devices powered by a single outdoor unit. They are an ideal whole of home heating and cooling solution when a ducted system cannot be installed.
Cassette split system air conditioning is designed for installation into narrow false ceilings – the only part of the indoor unit visible after installation is a decorative fascia. The indoor unit doesn’t take up valuable wall or floor space, and, depending on the model, delivers two or four-way air flow.
About Air and Water Residential
Air and Water Residential supply and install a range of quality split systems. We are always up front about what is included in the price – often cheap specials include minimal electrical wiring or refrigeration pipe. With our team, you always know where you stand. We stock all popular brands including Daikin, Panasonic, Toshiba and Carrier. All of these brands are designed to operate in temperatures of +46°C (Note this is the temperature around the outdoor unit which is often higher than the ambient temperature depending on where the outdoor unit is located) .
The star rating gives an indication of the running cost of each model under test conditions. (When typing models in write the brand name and the first few digits of the model for the search to work).
For example for average sized bedrooms you would choose a 2.5kW which treats 18m2. The model numbers are:
- Daikin FTXS25L (or FTXM25Q for the premium model),
- Panasonic cs-re9mkr / cu-re9mkr (or cs-rz9rkr / cu-rz9rkr for the premium model),
- Toshiba ras-10n3kv2-a +ras-10n3av2-a (or ras-10g2kvp-a + ras-10g2avp-a for the premium Daiseikai model),
- Carrier 42qhf025 + 38qhf025
We back up our installation with a 5 year guarantee – be cautious of installers recommended online or via electrical retailers as they may provide no guarantee, which can create problems for you down the track. Our expertise and experience means you can trust us to install your system the right way.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose Air and Water Residential
- Awarded 2014, 2015 & 2016 by WOMO for customer service based on our customers’ independent reviews
- 5 year installation guarantee – 2 years is the norm for a specialist aircon dealer and less for installers sourced independently
- Transparent competitive pricing and no unnecessary upselling on the day of installation
- Sales and installation staff trained by the manufacturer. Over 1,600 splits installed in the last 6 years including wall splits, multi-head and cassette systems, Specialist in difficult installations
- Interest free finance available
|Quality system||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes but targeted to budget market|
|Single & three phase||Yes||No||No||No|
|Standard and premium range||Yes1||Yes||Yes||No|
|Maximum area treats & maximum kW of cooling||65m2 (9.4kW)||55m2 (8.0kW)||51m2 (7.1kW)||55m2 (8.0kW)|
|Lots of features||Yes – the most. Premium
has WiFi option.
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Get a free quote for your home today|
1 Read about the new premium P series wall splits from Daikin on our blog. The P series has been succeeded by the Q series, for which a new blog post needs writing!
Information current as of May 2016. Do not purchase based on this information without confirming that it is still current.